Tips for making pumpkin soup
Pumpkin soup is always a winner, so follow our tips to confidently create delicious pumpkin soup in your Thermomix.
1) Cut your pumpkin into small, even pieces and take the skin off harder skinned pumpkin varieties.
2) Chop and mince vegetables for a few seconds on speed 4 or 5, so they cook faster and puree more easily.
3) Stick to the maximum level of the bowl, don't be tempted to add 'just one more carrot'.
4) Root vegetables need to be cooked for a minimum of twenty minutes, ensure vegetables are fully cooked before you begin blending.
5) When blending hot food, build to the speed gradually and then gradually back down. Wait 3-5 seconds before opening the lid.