Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Middle Eastern chicken with pearl couscous
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 300 g pearl couscous
- boiling water, for soaking
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon, zested, no white pith
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh long red chilli, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock paste (see Tip)
- 1000 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 50 g currants (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 3424.6 kJ / 815.4 kcal
- 60.8 g
- 72.6 g
- 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.6 g
- 12.3 g
- 762.7 mg