Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra to grease
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 400 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 700 g quince paste, cut into pieces (see Tips)
- 70 g sweet wine (e.g. Port, Marsala, brandy)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, to brush
- per 1 portion
- 2863.4 kJ / 684.4 kcal
- 6.8 g
- 115.6 g
- 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 13.3 g
- 1.6 g
- 169.4 mg