Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus extra to grease
- 200 g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 50 g cold water
- 1 pinch sea salt
Caramel and filling
- 150 g caster sugar
- 70 g unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1030 g water
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into sixths (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- per 1 portion
- 1535.7 kJ / 367 kcal
- 3.1 g
- 49.8 g
- 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 11 g
- 3.1 g
- 23.9 mg