Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 20 g olive oil
- 20 g salted butter
- 150 g cocktail onions, drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 beef cheeks (approx. 400 g each), trimmed and fatty membrane removed, cut into pieces (7 cm)
- 120 g red wine
- 15 g plain flour
- 15 g Meat stock paste (see Tips)
- 25 g tomato paste
- 120 g fresh button mushrooms, cut into halves
- 100 g fresh Swiss brown mushrooms, cut into halves
- 200 g carrots, cut into slices (approx. 2.5 cm)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 130 g water
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 2089.2 kJ / 497.4 kcal
- 45 g
- 12 g
- 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10.3 g
- 3.8 g
- 796.8 mg