Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 fresh red bird's eye chilli, trimmed
- 20 g garlic cloves (approx. 4 cloves)
- 20 g piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 150 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 30 g olive oil
- 800 g beef cheeks, trimmed and cut into pieces (approx. 5 cm)
- 50 g soy sauce (see Tips)
- 250 g water
- 30 g honey
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp gluten free cornflour
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli (gai lan, approx. 300 g), trimmed, cut into pieces (4-5 cm)
- 2 spring onions/shallots, cut into thin slices, for garnishing
- 1 fresh long red chilli, cut into thin slices, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 2002.4 kJ / 476.8 kcal
- 45 g
- 15.8 g
- 26.2 g
- 5.3 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Chorizo meatballs and potato stew
Chicken involtini with sun-dried tomato pesto