Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Freekeh salad with pickled avocado
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 150 g water
- 120 g apple cider vinegar
- 80 g sugar
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 fresh green chilli (optional)
- 2 avocados (ripe but firm), flesh only, cut into thick wedges
- 1000 g water
- 250 g freekeh (see Tips)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed (see Tips)
- ¼ tsp salt, plus extra to season
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra to season
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and cut into pieces (4 cm)
- 100 g mayonnaise (see Tips)
- 100 g buttermilk
- 1 tsp sumac, plus extra for sprinkling
- 8 baby cucumbers (or "qukes"), cut lengthways into quarters
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- per 1 portion
- 1559.1 kJ / 371.2 kcal
- 7.1 g
- 36 g
- 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.8 g
- 8.7 g
- 1067.7 mg