Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh long red chilli, trimmed and deseeded if preferred (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 60 g tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp Meat stock paste (see Tips)
- 500 g beef mince
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
- fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- multigrain tortillas, baked and broken into chips, to serve (see Tips)
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2234.2 kJ / 532 kcal
- 30 g
- 41.3 g
- 25.1 g
- 10.4 g