Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Everyone's favourite chicken curry
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1000 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 300 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander stalks and roots (see Tips), and leaves for garnishing
- 50 g ghee
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 800 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 50 g natural yoghurt
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 - 2 dried red chillies, to taste (optional)
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2149 kJ / 511.7 kcal
- 41.7 g
- 31 g
- 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 11.9 g
- 5.7 g
- 748.3 mg