Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 20 g olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 ½ tsp salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 3 pieces lemon peel (approx. 1 x 8 cm strips), no white pith
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, cut into quarters
- 1 brown onion (approx. 150 g), cut into halves
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 750 g pork mince
- 150 g red wine
- 80 g tomato paste
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 eggplants, cut into thin slices lengthways (15-18 slices, approx. 5 mm thick)
- 250 g smooth ricotta cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only
- 30 g pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1850.8 kJ / 440.7 kcal
- 36.6 g
- 10.7 g
- 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 9 g
- 7.3 g
- 965.6 mg