Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 pears, ripe, peeled, halved and cored (approx. 600 g - see Tips)
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped and reserved
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- water, for sous vide
- 30 g lemon juice (approx. ½ lemon) or 1 level tsp ascorbic acid powder (see Tips)
- 120 g caster sugar
Butterscotch panna cotta
- 3 gelatine sheets
- ice cold water, for soaking (approx. 350 g)
- 70 g brown sugar
- 90 g golden syrup
- 325 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 150 g milk
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g thickened cream
- lemon juice, a few drops
- hokey pokey (honeycomb), to serve (see Tips)
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- fresh mint, leaves only, to decorate (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2539.4 kJ / 604.6 kcal
- 3.6 g
- 87.7 g
- 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 17.1 g
- 3.8 g
- 144.8 mg