Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g dried red lentils
- 400 g filtered water, plus extra for soaking
- 20 g coconut oil
- 1 red capsicum (approx. 160 g), deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 - 2 tsp chipotle chillies in adobo sauce (approx. 1 chilli)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion (approx. 160 g), cut into quarters
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes (1-2 cm)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp stock paste (see Tips)
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained, (approx. 250 g after draining)
- 40 g lime juice
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 1679 kJ / 399.8 kcal
- 22.8 g
- 50.1 g
- 8.2 g
- 14.6 g