Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Twice-cooked pork belly with lentils
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 star anise
- 50 g Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste (see Tips)
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 700 g water, plus extra water for steaming
- 800 - 1100 g boneless pork belly, rind on
- 1 - 2 pinches salt, to taste, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 pears (large), cut into halves and cored
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 120 g red onion, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 beetroot, peeled and cut into quarters
- 800 g canned lentils, rinsed and drained (approx. 500 g after draining)
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 5 - 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 - 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 4109.7 kJ / 978.5 kcal
- 69.4 g
- 46.5 g
- 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 17.9 g
- 13.6 g
- 333 mg