Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 candlenuts (see Tips)
- boiling water, for soaking
- 40 g shredded coconut, toasted to a deep golden brown
- ½ cinnamon quill
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 - 2 fresh red bird's eye chillies, to taste (optional)
- 70 g fresh long red chillies (approx. 4 chillies), deseeded if preferred, to taste
- 100 g eschalots, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 - 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 - 4 cm piece fresh galangal, peeled
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, white part only, cut into pieces
- 4 fresh Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1000 g gravy beef, cut into pieces (5-6 cm)
- 270 g coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 20 - 30 g palm sugar, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 2839.6 kJ / 676.1 kcal
- 55.7 g
- 11 g
- 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 24.2 g
- 7.7 g
- 277.1 mg