Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 800 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, each thigh cut into 8 pieces
- 30 g lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 120 g Tandoori paste (see Tips)
- oil, for greasing
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cm piece cinnamon quill
- 1 cardamom pod (black)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 45 g ghee (see Tips)
- 1 - 2 brown onions (approx. 180 g), cut into halves
- 20 g ginger paste (see Tips)
- 10 g garlic paste (see Tips)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 fresh long green chillies, trimmed and cut into halves (optional)
- 20 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves, stalks and roots, cut into thirds, plus extra leaves for garnishing (see Tips)
- 400 g canned whole tomatoes
- 70 g water
- 70 g cashews, plus extra for garnishing
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- per 1 portion
- 2545 kJ / 606 kcal
- 30.9 g
- 14 g
- 46.9 g