Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 150 g dried borlotti beans (see Tips)
- 1950 water, plus extra to soak
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm), reserve the rind (optional - see Tips)
- 1 onion (150 g), cut into pieces
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded and cut into halves
- 200 g speck, cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste or Chicken stock powder (see Tips)
- 200 g tomato passata
- sea salt, to taste
- 200 g ditalini pasta
- 1 - 2 stalks kale, roughly chopped
- dried chilli flakes, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 1498.2 kJ / 356.7 kcal
- 21.6 g
- 37.7 g
- 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.3 g
- 8 g
- 963.8 mg