Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 500 g red apples (approx. 4 apples), peeled, cored and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 180 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing (see Tips)
- 400 g spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 150 g coconut sugar (see Tips)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
Salted caramel sauce
- 120 g salted butter
- 150 g double cream (see Tips)
- 100 g coconut sugar (see Tips)
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- per 1 slice
- 1454.3 kJ / 346.3 kcal
- 5.7 g
- 34 g
- 21 g