Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1060 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 50 g plain flour (see Tips)
- 70 g cornflour (see Tips), plus 1 tbsp extra
- 700 g pork loin steaks, cut into bite-size pieces (approx. 2.5 cm) (see Tips)
- 40 g soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 150 g tomato passata
- 80 g rice wine vinegar
- 80 g white sugar
- 250 g fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into pieces (2-3 cm - see Tips)
- 4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 200 g red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2000 g peanut oil, for frying
- per 1 portion
- 3294.4 kJ / 784.4 kcal
- 51.3 g
- 97.5 g
- 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 4.7 g
- 1118.2 mg