Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chhole (chickpea curry)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 20 g chickpea (besan) flour
- 40 g ghee (see Tips)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida (see Tips)
- 300 g red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp ginger paste (see Tips)
- 2 tsp garlic paste (see Tips)
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 10 g ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp green mango powder (see Tips)
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- 20 g lemon juice
- 800 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (approx. 500 g after draining)
- 50 g raisins, to serve (optional)
- 100 g natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1 fresh long green chilli, trimmed and cut into thin slices, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 1648.8 kJ / 392.5 kcal
- 14.7 g
- 40.8 g
- 16 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.8 g
- 14.2 g
- 1324.6 mg