Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 40 g vegetable oil
- 3 tsp garlic paste (see Tips)
- 1 ½ tsp ginger paste (see Tips)
- 50 g eschalot, cut into halves
- 1 fresh tomato, cut into quarters
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ - ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 400 g coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste (see Tips)
- 450 g raw prawns, peeled and with tails intact (see Tips)
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 1747 kJ / 415.8 kcal
- 28.1 g
- 8.2 g
- 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 14.1 g
- 5 g
- 805.2 mg