Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chilli con tempeh
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 brown onion (approx. 150 g), cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 200 g tempeh, cut into cubes (1-2 cm)
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 - 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 100 - 150 g grated cheddar cheese, to serve (optional)
- 200 g sour cream, to serve (see Tips)
- tortillas, cut into wedges and toasted (see Tips)
- lime, cut into wedges to serve
- per 1 portion
- 3633 kJ / 865 kcal
- 30.4 g
- 39 g
- 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 24.9 g
- 12.3 g
- 1743.8 mg