Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Slow-cooked pulled pork with steamed buns
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- olive oil, for greasing
- 300 g water
- 3 tsp dried instant yeast, or 30 g fresh yeast, crumbled
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
Pulled pork and apple
- 1000 - 1200 g boneless pork shoulder
- 40 g olive oil, plus extra to rub over crackle
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion (approx.120 g), cut into halves
- 1 carrot (approx. 110 g), cut into quarters
- 2 celery stalks (approx. 80 g), cut into quarters
- ½ fennel bulb (approx. 80 g), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, core removed and cut into eighths
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 50 g apple cider vinegar
- 30 g white wine vinegar
- 50 g treacle
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 - 2 tbsp full cream milk, for brushing
- mixed salad greens, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 3744.8 kJ / 891.7 kcal
- 48.9 g
- 80.1 g
- 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 12.8 g
- 7 g
- 1497.6 mg