Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g dried navy beans (see Tips)
- water, for soaking
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 50 g walnuts
- 30 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Slow cooked beans
- 20 g olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, cut into halves
- 200 g brown onion, cut into wedges (1 cm)
- 120 g carrots, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 60 g celery, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 200 g water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tomato passata
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 3294.3 kJ / 784.4 kcal
- 25.7 g
- 59.4 g
- 442.4 g
- 19.1 g