Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sous vide rare beef steak with béarnaise sauce (TM5)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 beef fillet steaks (180-200 g each, 3 cm thickness)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- water, to fully submerge bags (not higher than the 2L maximum fill level)
- 30 g lemon juice (approx. ½ lemon) or 1 level tsp ascorbic acid powder
- 50 g eschalots
- 1 - 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves only
- 50 g dry white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus 1 tbsp extra for searing
- 4 egg yolks
- per 1 portion
- 3058.5 kJ / 728.2 kcal
- 48.1 g
- 0.7 g
- 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 34.8 g
- 0.6 g
- 1243.2 mg