Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Beef and beer stew
- 40 g olive oil
- 600 g beef (for stewing), cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinch ground black pepper
- 150 g brown onion, cut into pieces
- 15 g cornflour
- 250 g water
- 150 g leek, cut into slices
- 330 g dark beer
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Meat stock paste (see Tips)
Pastry and assembly
- 150 g plain flour
- 65 g butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked, for glazing
- per 1 portion
- 2710.8 kJ / 647.5 kcal
- 39.5 g
- 36.3 g
- 35.5 g
- 259.5 mg
- 3.3 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Chorizo meatballs and potato stew
Chicken involtini with sun-dried tomato pesto