Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
- 1 sprig fresh sage, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 500 g stewing beef (gravy beef or chuck steak), cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 6 - 10 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 100 g bacon, cut into pieces (2 cm) (optional)
- 200 g Guinness®
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 - 4 sheets puff pastry (see Tips)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- per 1 portion
- 2640.2 kJ / 628.6 kcal
- 32.3 g
- 47.9 g
- 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 14.4 g
- 8.6 g
- 1261.8 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Black rice bowl with chicken and mushroom (gut health)
Chicken with capsicum