Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120 g red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari, gluten free (see Tips)
- 20 g coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 - 2 pinches chilli powder
- 1 - 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 dash liquid smoke seasoning (optional - see Tips)
- 565 g canned jackfruit in brine, rinsed and drained (approx. 300 g after draining - see Tips)
- per 1 portion
- 511.5 kJ / 121.8 kcal
- 2.9 g
- 20.4 g
- 2.6 g
- 3.6 g