Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 300 g medium-grain white rice
- 1000 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 600 - 700 g chicken breasts, cut into slices (1 cm)
- 30 g soy sauce
- 15 g sesame oil
- 20 g brown sugar
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 400 - 500 g kimchi, cut into bite-size pieces, with juices (see Tips)
- 1 sprig fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- sesame seeds, toasted, for garnishing
- sambal oelek, to serve (optional - see Tips)
- per 1 portion
- 2430.3 kJ / 578.6 kcal
- 47.4 g
- 72.8 g
- 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 5.5 g
- 1542.7 mg