Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 750 g beef fillet, trimmed
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnishing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g olive oil
- 20 g salted butter
- 4 pieces streaky bacon (rindless), cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 8 pickling onions
- 200 g button mushrooms, cut into halves
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ground black pepper, to season
- 100 g red Burgundy wine (see Tips)
- 40 g tomato paste
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 300 g water
- 200 g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 3 tbsp plain flour (see Tips)
- salt, to season
- crusty bread, to serve (see Tips)
- per 1 portion
- 3037.4 kJ / 723.2 kcal
- 58.7 g
- 32.5 g
- 38 g
- Saturated Fat
- 15.7 g
- 7.9 g
- 1504 mg