Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into pieces
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 30 - 40 g taco seasoning
- 150 g water
- ½ red capsicum, cut into pieces (1-2 cm)
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño chillies, drained and roughly chopped
- 125 g canned sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 40 g tasty cheddar cheese
- 1000 g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 110 g milk
- 60 g water
- 20 g salted butter
- pickled jalapeño chillies, roughly chopped (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1878.2 kJ / 447.2 kcal
- 29.7 g
- 36 g
- 18 g