Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 tsp ajwain seeds (see Tips)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves, stalks and roots (see Tips)
- 1 - 2 fresh long green chillies, trimmed and cut into halves
- 160 g chickpea (besan) flour
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp baking powder (see Tips)
- 100 g water
- 3 brown onions (approx. 500 g), cut into quarters
- 1000 g oil, for frying
- per 1 portions
- 531.5 kJ / 126.5 kcal
- 2.1 g
- 5.2 g
- 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.6 g
- 1.7 g
- 96.6 mg