Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g cashews, for frosting (see Tips)
- water, for soaking
- 40 g extra virgin coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 70 g walnuts
- 150 g cashews (see Tips)
- 50 g shredded coconut (see Tips)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, plus extra for dusting
- 1 orange, zested, no white pith and juiced (approx. 60 g)
- 60 g rolled oats
- 500 g carrot, peeled and cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 100 g pitted Medjool dates
- 80 g sultanas
Cashew lemon frosting
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 130 g coconut cream
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- per 1 portions
- 1716.8 kJ / 408.8 kcal
- 9.1 g
- 26.7 g
- 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10.7 g
- 6.7 g
- 32.7 mg