Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 6 cooking apples (approx. 800 g) (see Tip)
- 500 g water
- 250 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 250 g self-raising flour
- slivered almonds, for sprinkling
- per 1 portion
- 1253 kJ / 298 kcal
- 4.7 g
- 33.5 g
- 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 8.8 g
- 2.1 g
- 225.1 mg