Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Home-style sponge cake
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- butter, for greasing
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 80 g cornflour
- 30 g plain flour
- 130 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature, separated and yolks reserved
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 400 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 500 g strawberries, hulled, sliced lengthways, plus extra for decorating
- icing sugar, for dusting
- per 1 portion
- 1129.7 kJ / 269 kcal
- 4.4 g
- 24.8 g
- 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10.2 g
- 1.4 g
- 106 mg