Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sous-vide Rare Beef Steak with Béarnaise Sauce
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 beef fillet steaks (180-200 g each, 3 cm thick)
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1400 g water (approx.), ensuring bags are completely covered with water (see tip)
g lemon juice (see tip)
or 1 tsp ascorbic acid powder
- 50 g shallots
- 1 - 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves only, to taste
- 50 g dry white wine
- 15 g white wine vinegar
- 200 g unsalted butter, diced, plus 1 Tbsp for searing steaks
- 4 egg yolks, from medium eggs
- per 1 portion
- 2926 kJ / 698 kcal
- 46 g
- 1 g
- 56 g
- Saturated Fat
- 32 g
- 0.4 g
- 93 mg
Rare beef steak with herb garlic butter
Sous-vide rare beef steak with béarnaise sauce
Chicken Liver Parfait
Caramelised Onions (400-500 g)
Caramelised Onions (200 g)
Slow-Cooked Pork Belly with Noodles and Chilli Sesame Sauce
Sous-vide Chicken Ballotine with Red Pepper Sauce
Sous-vide Pork Cheeks in Red Wine
Sous-vide Rare Fillet Steak with Herb Garlic Butter
Browned Beef Cubes (Medium)
Browned Pork Cubes