Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Goan fish and tamarind curry with coconut rice
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 700 g cold water, plus extra for soaking rice
- 250 g basmati rice
- 600 - 800 g firm white fish fillets (such as rockling, trevally or cod) cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1 lime, juice only (approx. 20 g)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt, plus extra to taste
- 70 g tamarind pulp
- 150 g hot water
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g brown onion
- 2 fresh long green chillies, cut into halves and deseeded, if desired
- 50 g fresh tomatoes
- 30 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder, plus extra to taste (optional)
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- per 1 portions
- 1672.8 kJ / 398.2 kcal
- 30.2 g
- 24.6 g
- 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 15.4 g
- 6.2 g
- 541.7 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Salmon en croute
Scallops with pea purée
Steamed white fish with tomato and Indian spices
Tom kha prawns