Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 celery stalk, cut into pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 100 g leek, white part only, cut into slices (1.5 cm)
- 150 g carrot, cut into slices (1.5 cm)
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 tsp ground white pepper, plus extra to taste
- 900 g water
- 1000 g veal, cut into cubes (2-3 cm)
- 500 g button mushrooms, cut into quarters (or sixths if large)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ground white pepper, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 1616.6 kJ / 386.4 kcal
- 39.1 g
- 15.4 g
- 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10 g
- 2.4 g
- 497.9 mg