Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 220 g water, room temperature
- 1 tsp sugar or malt powder (optional)
- 20 g fresh yeast, crumbled or 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 400 g baker's flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing if needed
- 200 g mozzarella, cut into pieces
- 250 g canned chopped tomatoes (see Tips)
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 5 - 7 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces, plus extra for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 2543.8 kJ / 607.3 kcal
- 24.2 g
- 74.1 g
- 25 g
- Saturated Fat
- 9.4 g
- 3.9 g
- 1106.4 mg