Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 60 g plain flour
- 40 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 30 g white sugar
- 30 g coconut flakes
- 1 fresh long red chilli, trimmed, deseeded if preferred
- 250 g white sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple (1.5-2 kg unpeeled), peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges (approx. 75 g each)
- 1000 g water
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves only, plus extra to serve
- 100 g rum (see Tips)
- 1 lime, zested (no white pith) and juiced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ice cream, to serve (see Tips)
- per 1 portion
- 1425.9 kJ / 1188.2 kcal
- 3.2 g
- 56.5 g
- 11.5 g
- 2.6 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Gingerbread ice cream
Chilli pineapple with coconut crumbs (TM5)