Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Fragrant whole barbecued fish
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 - 2 fresh long red chillies, trimmed, cut into halves and deseeded if preferred
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 fresh Kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed and leaves torn into pieces
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roots only, plus leaves reserved for garnishing
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 60 g peanut oil
- 1 whole snapper (approx. 1000 g - see Tips)
- salt, to season (see Tips)
- ground black pepper, to season
- dried chilli threads, for garnishing (optional - see Tips)
- 1 - 2 limes, cut into cheeks, to serve
- per 4 portions
- 6854.5 kJ / 1632 kcal
- 209 g
- 17.5 g
- 77.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 15.3 g
- 13.7 g
- 4588.3 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Braised cabbage and leek with steamed salmon
Fish pie with cauliflower mash
Not quite nasi goreng
Prawn arrabiata with zucchini noodles