Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Malay-style coconut chicken
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 dried chillies
- 4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 270 g coconut milk
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, white part only, cut into pieces
- 2 fresh Kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed and leaves torn into pieces
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 whole cloves
- ¼ - ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1400 - 1600 g whole chicken, butterflied (see Tips)
- per 1 portion
- 3636.8 kJ / 865.9 kcal
- 73.1 g
- 4.5 g
- 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 24.2 g
- 2 g
- 864 mg