Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Curried lentils and steamed pumpkin
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 heaped tsp cumin seeds (10 g)
- 4 heaped tsp coriander seeds (10 g)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 30 g fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g fresh coconut flesh, cut into pieces (2-3 cm) (optional)
- 80 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 300 g brown onions, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ - ¾ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1000 - 1200 g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 8 pieces with skin on
- 300 g dried lentils (green or brown)
- 1000 g water
- 250 - 300 g preserved roasted red capsicums, cut into pieces (1-2 cm)
- 130 g crème fraîche (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1504 kJ / 358 kcal
- 13 g
- 33 g
- 17 g
- 10.3 g