Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 300 g caster sugar
- 50 g blanched almonds
- 4 eggs ; 2 whole and 2 separated
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 100 g milk
- 150 g frozen blackberries, defrosted
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 300 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 4 tbsp blackberry jam
- 100 g frozen blackberries, defrosted
- pure icing sugar, for decorating (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2539.6 kJ / 604.7 kcal
- 7.9 g
- 60.7 g
- 37.6 g
- 2.8 g