Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Black bean molè (black bean chocolate chilli)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 red onions, cut into halves
- 4 garlic cloves, skins on
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 - 2 fresh long red chillies, cut into halves and deseeded, if preferred
- 1 carrot, cut into quarters
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and cut into quarters
- ½ red capsicum, cut into halves and deseeded
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only (optional)
- 50 g ghee
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 800 g canned black beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 480 g after draining)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Rapadura sugar
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 50 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), grated, plus extra shaved for garnishing
- 250 g filtered water
- per 1 portion
- 1510 kJ / 359 kcal
- 9.9 g
- 26.5 g
- 21.3 g
- 11.3 g