Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 250 g water
- 50 g Dutch cocoa powder
- 150 g buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 g white sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250 g icing sugar (see Tips)
- 120 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 2 tsp boiling water
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- natural food colouring of choice (e.g. green, grey)
- lollies of choice, for decorating (e.g, licorice, candy eyes, bullets, jubes, marshmallows, etc.)
- per 1 portions
- 1170.3 kJ / 278.6 kcal
- 2.8 g
- 36.4 g
- 14 g
- Saturated Fat
- 9 g
- 1.1 g
- 73.8 mg