Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Lemon and Poppy Seed Battenberg Cake
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 lemon, thin peelings of skin and 35 g juice
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced
- 2 egg yolks, from large eggs
- 1 lemon, thin peelings of skin only
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g unsalted butter, soft
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- pink food colouring gel
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 320 g marzipan, homemade
- 50 g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 - 2 tsp lemon juice, to taste
- edible cake decorations
- per 1 slice
- 3030 kJ / 724 kcal
- 10.4 g
- 83.6 g
- 38.7 g