Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 oz Gruyère cheese, cut into pieces (optional)
- 3 oz unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces, plus extra to grease
- 6 all-purpose flour, plus extra to dust
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 oz cold water
- 7 oz cubed bacon (see Tip)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 oz whole milk
oz crème fraîche
or 3 ½ oz cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- per 1 slice
- 1175 kJ / 281 kcal
- 12 g
- 17 g
- 18 g
- 0.6 g