Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 60 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g pitted dates
- 300 g water
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 170 g raw sugar
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 250 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 200 g brown sugar
- 130 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract,
- per 1 slices
- 1359 kJ / 324 kcal
- 4 g
- 52 g
- 12 g